Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1.6 - How to Break a Heart

Alexandra took time off work and has been trying to stay indoors as much as possible, but her belly is impossible to miss anymore. If she doesn’t tell Harris first he’s bound to find out through someone else. 



So she calls, invites him over for possibly the last time. Trying to keep her voice steady and strong while he promises to be on his way shortly.




Yep. Impossible to miss.




“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asks, trying to keep from staring at her very obvious belly. She looks ready to pop any minute. How the hell did he not notice?




“I was scared you’d be mad.” She answers, biting down on her lip to keep from saying anything else. What happens next relies on his reaction. A part of her almost hopes he will be mad, she doesn’t want to do this to him.




But instead he reacts like she knew he would. Like her sister knew Briar would when she found herself pregnant all those years ago. 
“I could never be mad, Alex. I love you, and I want to be here for you and our baby. Come on, I’ll move you into the most beautiful house I can find, as close to mine as possible and you’ll never want for anything, I promise.”
It would be so easy to say yes, to break his family apart with one word, but she won’t do that. She won’t turn into her sister.
“The baby isn’t yours.”




He steps back as if she’d slapped him. “What?”
“The baby isn’t yours.” She repeats, trying to keep her voice steady so he won’t catch her lie. “I’m sorry, Harris. I was only using you for your popularity, it was never supposed to go for this long and I’m so sorry you had to find out this way.”




“You’re lying.”
For a moment she thinks she’s been found out, but one look at his eyes shows her that he doesn’t even believe his words. That tears at her heart as if he just stabbed her. Is she really that kind of girl? That he’d believe she cheated without question? 
“Please Harris, just go. I don’t ever want to see you again.”




He moves towards the door but then stops and turns back towards her. “Whose the father?”
Her blood runs cold. “Its none of your business.”




“I think you’ll find it is.” He growls, grabbing her wrists painfully and pulling her towards him. “Was it that fucking thief? Naveen?”




Its all Alex can do to shake her head, eyes wide in fear a she slinks down to her knees. “Harris, don’t-”
“Then who was it? Tell me and I’ll leave!”
She can hardly hold back her tears. Even in her worst fears she never thought he’d react like this. “It was a one-time thing, I swear. I don’t even know his name!”
His eyes narrow and then he looks away from her in disgust, no doubt calling her a list of choice words in his mind, but thankfully he says nothing further to her and leaves the way he came. 




Despite her best attempts to wash her face clean of tears, Melody found out what happened. “You did the right thing.” She promises. “I met Gwen again down by the bookstore today and she’s pregnant too. A man like that doesn’t deserve you, and you’re better off without him, so is your baby.”




“I know we’re better off without him.” Alex mutters, wanting desperately to believe her own words. “I’m just scared.”
“Don’t be. I’m here for my little godchild.” Melody smiles, clapping her hands. “If it’s a girl I’ll teach her how to sing, and buy her pretty things, and enroll her in ballet, and if it’s a boy Naveen can teach him to fish and do sports and maybe one day he’ll be a professional athlete for the Morikipo Piranahs!”




“Hey its MY baby!” Alexandra laughs. “Get your own.”
Melody thinks about that for a moment before smiling softly. “I dunno. Maybe. When we have enough money to move to a bigger place. I want our children to grow up together.”
Alexandra was scared Melody would leave her after starting a family with Naveen. Knowing that her best friend wants to stay close is what really brings a smile to Alex’s face and a warmth to her heart. Things might end up alright after all.




She goes into labour that same night.




And gives birth to baby Liam Weaver in the early morning hours. There’s a blank on his birth certificate where his father’s name should be.



---

Well thats 1/4 kids down. Omg I should have re-rolled the number of kids for this generation. I have no idea where I'm going to fit them all! And the friggin singer career pays NOTHING. I'm dyyyying. 

I stopped playing here yesterday so I haven't actually seen what baby Liam looks like yet as a toddler. And believe me, that is torture. I MUST SEE IF HE TAKES AFTER TEDDY OR HARRIS. Quite honestly Alexandra only have her mother's nose, everything else is pure Teddy. So I'm super excited for this kid. If he turns out ugly I might just cry.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I would laugh if poor little Liam turned out hideous. And then vote him as heir just to spite you! :P

    Probably not but it's kind of fun thinking of you squirming.

    I'm glad she had this baby but I truly hope Alex can come to grips with some of her issues and be a strong person for herself and her son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liam won't be in the heir vote, as he is Alexandra's son, not Melody's. But as the oldest he'll probably have a lot of screen time anyway. (Unless he's ugly... in which case he's being locked in the basement and then sent off to boarding school)

      Delete
  2. Oh Alex, I know it's hell on her and part of me thinks that Harris has a right to know the child is his, but I'm so glad she chose not to break his family up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't quite decided yet on wether or not Harris will ever find out about his son. I suppose it all depends on wether or not Liam takes after him. If he does than I think only a blind man wouldn't find holes in Alexandra's lie.

      Delete
  3. Lol at Heaven. She's so mean! Ahaha.

    Ok..so Harris is all angry at Alex for cheating, yet he's been cheating on his wife the entire time with her....Men are stupid sometimes. But anyways....Harris is kind of scary when he gets mad. I think he could be one of those abusive men. But Alex was very brave doing what she did. She could have had an amazing life but she choose to keep a family together instead.
    Melody is such a great person. I love her so much. I can't wait to see little Melody/Naveen spawn running around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing with Harris is that he doesn't love his wife, so he doesn't care about their marriage or what they do in bed with others. But he convinced himself he loved Alex so that betrayal does hurt him. And yes... he's scary. But I stopped short of having him actually hurt her in order to keep my options open later down the road.

      I am SO friggin excited for Melody's baby (if I ever friggin get there! Stupid plot!)

      Delete
  4. I love the name Liam.
    I look forward to seeing what happens in the future, if you decide Harris gets to find out the truth or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little sister actually picked the name because I'd completely forgotten to research names for Alex's kid. But I'm glad you like it. I like it too.

      Delete
  5. I also love the name Liam. It's on my short list of future heir names, lol.

    ALEX WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! I mean, I get that she's trying to save a family, but having grown up in a situation like that (with parents who don't love each other and are only staying together for the kids...) it's not something that's worth saving. Ugh, I just want to yell at her. Or hug her and tell her it's all going to be okay!

    P.S. I love, love, LOVE your characters in this legacy. They're all so unique and interesting. Great stuff! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *hugs* I'm so happy you caught up again. I missed your comments!

      In upcoming chapters Alex will most definitely needing hugs.

      Delete