Thursday, July 26, 2012

4.2 - Best Laid Plans

Some say it takes a village to raise a child. Pearl doesn’t necessarily believe that, but it does warm her heart to see everyone pitching in to raise little Nicolas. Walt especially seems to have taken a liking to the little vampire and treats him like a son.



Kitten too has taken a liking to the little boy, which was quite the shock to her parents. No one expected her to ever have kids but suddenly her mind has completely changed! 
... Maybe she’ll adopt or something. Being pregnant would interfere with her career.




River has been getting bigger with every passing minute, and absolutely refuses to listen to the doctor’s orders to stay in bed. She honestly tried to be good but then a half hour passed by and she got restless.




Dorian usually manages to chase her back into bed but today he’s out selling a few of his art pieces and the kids have learned to just ignore their mom when she’s being stubborn.




Surprisingly enough, Walt was the only one to put up an argument when Pearl expressed interest in going into law enforcement. River was already considering retirement after the baby was born, and Dorian gave his blessing easily enough. 
Truth be told they’re both just hoping being a police officer gets Pearl some extra protection.




Whenever Nicolas isn’t specifically in Pearl’s arms he can be found with Walt. 




He and Pearl never really talked about having a family, but seeing how good he is with her nephew warms Pearl’s heart. 




So when Walt invites her out for dinner at the Bistro she agrees, ignoring the fact that he can’t seem to look her in the eye today. 




As the date wears on, Walt slowly becomes more relaxed, but remains twitchy and distracted. Pearl finds it sort of adorable.




She kisses him, telling him to relax. Her nephew is a vampire, not her. She isn’t going to bite him. At least... not hard (And even then, not in public!).




That seems to give him enough confidence to do what he’s been planning. 
“I know you aren’t a vampire, silly. But helping you with your nephew has made me realize that I really want a family, and with you.”




“So... will you marry me?”
It wasn’t quite the proposal Pearl was hoping for (In her dreams he was on an elephant and there were fireworks) but it still makes her heart soar and her whole body go fuzzy with happiness.




She smiles so big, jumping up and down like a little girl. It makes Walt break out in laughter himself, barely able to grab her hand to slip the engagement ring on.




For these two, life is looking up. 




But for one other... life takes the opposite direction. River wakes up in the middle of the night in pain, as if she’s going into labour but not that painful.




She gets out of bed to wake up Dorian but then the dizziness hits. She’s unconscious before she even hits the ground.



---

I could have moved River and Dorian out... I could have moved Pearl and Walt out... I could have done a lot of stuff but instead I went this route. : )

And I'm glad I did cause SP threw me one last curveball for next chapter. 

12 comments:

  1. One last curveball? I can't wait to see what that it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you can guess what it is : P

      Delete
  2. Lol. Elephants and fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl's gone through a lot in her young life, but deep down she's still an innocent little girl who imagines everything comes with fire works and giant parades.

      Delete
    2. That's what I love about her.

      And I'm sad Rio isn't a part of that anymore. =(

      Delete
    3. Rio was changed beyond being able to go back to that innocence, but there's still hope. I mean, this generation has basically been writing itself so I can't honestly say I know where it's going anymore.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! =(

    I'm worried about this curve ball. Don't break my heart, Cece. *glares*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOO LATE!

      The curve ball was more SP giving me the middle finger for what I did. I swear that program is out to get me.

      Delete
  4. River!!! Colleen already let it spill that the next chapter is going to be sad in the thread - dammit, Cece. DAMN.IT. : /

    Oh well. Enough stalling, I guess. On to the sadness, I go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why, but I love knowing I can get emotional responses from people <3.

      Delete
  5. I'm just going to pretend the next chapter isn't going to crush me and say that Walt and Pearl are adorable. I hadn't thought of an elephants and fireworks proposal, but I rather like it. Oh well. Maybe for the wedding, eh Pearl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself expect a proposal to include fireworks and an elephant.

      Delete