Thursday, January 17, 2013

7.15 - My Love


Nalin comes up to his wife one morning and pulls her into a hug. “I’ve missed you, love.”



Winter steps back, concerned. “Baby? I talked to you last night, it wasn’t more than twelve hours ago! Is everything okay?”

“Oh... yeah. Everything’s fine!” He assures her. “Maybe after the triplets are older we can go out on a date night again. I miss having you to myself.”



He made another one, apparently. And this morning was a great time to try it out.



Casey’s been spending a lot more time over at the Sari house than ever before. He’s over before Topaz is even awake this time, and gets Zahara dressed and washed up before bringing her downstairs to play with the triplets. 

He was hoping to sneak off back home or upstairs to see if Topaz was up yet, but Winter stops him before he can.




“You’re Topaz’s sister-in-law right?”

Winter nods, shaking his hand with a smile. “Nalin’s wife, yes. It’s so nice to see you here again, Zahara seems to really like you.”

Casey smiles back at her. “I’m glad at least someone in the house is happy to see me. So far its felt like everyone just says hello so they can threaten me.”




“Oh I’m still going to threaten you!” Winter laughs. “I died as a teenager and Nalin was working on bringing me back from the dead. He found himself in some trouble and Topaz found a way to bring me home safe and sound. I owe her my life, and if you ever break her heart I’ll scramble your brains so bad you’ll spend your life thinking you’re an eight year old girl named Sally.”



“You... can’t actually do that, can you?”



She tries to show him just how powerful she is by reading his future, but...

“I see nothing.”

He shrugs. “Step dad’s a vampire. He taught me how to block my mind to avoid the paparazzi in Bridgeport.”

“Well, screw you then.”




Topaz gets up eventually, finding Casey in the living room. “Oh... I didn’t know you were coming over today.”

“Your brother let me in. Thought you could use some sleep so I got Zahara ready for the day.”




“Dada gave me candy.” Zahara admits right away. 

Hiding a smile, Topaz sets their daughter down on the ground. “Did he now? Naughty dada.”

Zahara can’t help but giggle, thinking she just got her father in trouble.





“Did you really give Zahara candy for breakfast?”

He shrugs sheepishly. “She didn’t want her bottle, and it was only a lollipop, I swear! She ate breakfast after.”

“Speaking of breakfast, I should probably go grab some myself.”



He takes the chance. “My treat? We can catch a show later and call it a date.”




No one’s more surprised than Nalin when Topaz agrees to the date and heads out with Casey, leaving her brother to babysit Zahara. He sets her down with the triplets before turning to his wife. 

“So how exactly should we be handling this? I still think Casey’s an asshole but Topaz wants to give him a second chance so should we accept him? Should we be guarded? What if he hurts her again?”




Winter sometimes wishes her husband wasn’t so overprotective. “Hunny, your sister is a  full grown adult, I think she’s old enough to make her own decisions and live with the consequences. I don’t think Casey’s being dishonest right now, and if Topaz wants to give him another chance I think we owe it to her to be as supportive as we can. She gave us a miracle, Nalin. I’m glad she’s finally happy.”

He smiles at last. “You’re right as always. Thanks, baby.”




While visiting the local library, Prim runs into a familiar face. 




“Hey, Cruz!” She greets happily as he sets his book down. “Where’re the girls?”

“At school.” He smiles. “It’s Wednesday, remember? They’re doing really good. Much better than I ever did.”

“Maybe they got my dad’s genius.” She points out. 




“Well they certainly didn’t get it from my side of the family.” He jokes. “But hey, did you want to come over? We could have some quality time together before the girls get home. Maybe we can even head to the festival after.”

“I dunno... what about Madeline?”




His smile fades, but before he can say anything an older woman comes around the corner. “Oh there you are, Cruz.”

Instinctively, Cruz and Prim step away from each other, but it takes Prim a moment longer to realize who the old woman is.




“... Madeline? You’re so- uh...”

The older woman nods with a smile. “Old? I know, Primrose. We can’t all be eternally young and beautiful like you. Some of us have to grow up and turn old.”




Prim has to force herself to smile and lie. “You don’t look so old, Madeline. I think you still look beautiful.”

“Not beautiful enough to keep Cruz’s attention, it seems.” She sighs, giving Prim a pointed look. “Don’t think I don’t know what’s going on between you two.”




Prim wants nothing more than to crawl into a hole and not come out after that accusation. She hasn’t done anything with Cruz since breaking up with him, but goodness knows she’s wanted to. He hurt her, he took away her babies, but whenever she’s with someone else she’s thinking about him.

She ignores his phone calls for the rest of the day, ignores the ache in her chest that wants to call him and ask him to give her another chance. But he’s married and has three children that aren’t fairies. So what kind of person would Prim be if she asked him to break up with his aging wife?




At the very least, Topaz’s date has gone well. 




Very well, in fact. Part way through brunch Casey got a call from his agent asking him to attend a theatre production to give the show some publicity. Topaz, of course, went with him and when the show is over she pulls him in for a kiss. “Can you spend the night?”

He moans against her lips before pulling away slightly. “I want to, but not yet.”

“When then?”

“After Z’s birthday tomorrow.” He promises. “I have a surprise for you, and after that I’ll spend every night with you if you want me to. I love you.” 

“I love you too, Casey.”



---

I was going to add the next chapter to this one to make it longer but then the next chapter has Epsilon returning to collect her due so I didn't want to overshadow that, or have the events of next chapter overshadow Topaz and Casey's reunion and Prim's inner troubles.

Also, I totally forgot I could kill off child-age sims through drowning! That makes the story so much easier. : ) 

23 comments:

  1. Umm...what the hell kind of spoiler is that? And how could you forget after Raindrop's generation? Honestly, sometimes I think something's wrong with you. :P

    Lovely picture there at the end but she's moving too fast. Too fast I tell you! She's going to get her heart broken again; I just don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot you could kill them without a cheat! I was looking over old stats for the Sabo Legacy and re-read that chapter and remembered poor Temp. : )

      It's kinda hard to go slow when you're still in love and things feel right.

      Delete
  2. Prim's gotten herself into a little dilemma. It's nice to see her thinking about the consequences before acting on her desires. If she's lucky, I guess, Madeleine will die off naturally and she'll get her chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if Madeline were to die, so to would Cruz eventually. Prim's slowly learning to think things through, but she's still just a fairy. She has different needs than other sims. It'll be hard for her to ever be happy in a normal sim relationship.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm glad to see that I'd misinterpreted that picture you posted on MTS. I thought Topaz was wearing a wedding dress. Still, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I was thinking of having Casey propose to Topaz as his "surprise" but I couldn't really see you guys being okay with that considering all the animosity towards him right now. Ah well, c'est la vie.

      Delete
  4. Umm, if you make Serenity take a child's soul, I will never forgive you. Okay, I totally will, but that is not how I remember her at all! She is one of my all time favorites, and I don't want to hate her, Cece! *cries*

    Now I'm on pins and needles waiting for your next chapter. (I still dislike Casey, though. *grumbles*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    *suspicious look*

    *twiddles thumbs until next chapter*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering when Epsilon would be returning!

    Poor Prim---decisions, decisions. Fairies live such a crazy long time--like vampires---she's going to look young and beautiful for quite a while! :)

    Casey better not mess up his second chance--though it's good to see 2 happy couples at one time---*wonders how long that will last*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey won't be messing up his second chance if he can help it. He does love Topaz and Zahara, and would do anything to keep them safe and happy.

      Delete
    2. Anything to keep them safe and happy?! I see this ending badly for him.

      -Z drowns suddenly.
      -Epsilon/Serenity comes to snatch her soul.
      -Casey offers his soul to Epsilon/Serenity in exchange for Zahara.
      -Epsilon/Serenity accepts this bargain, and Topaz is left with a gaping hole in her heart. =(

      WHY?!!!! *runs off sobbing*

      I seriously hope I'm wrong. You can't be that cruel, right? RIGHT?! (I'm very excited for your next chapter, in case you couldn't tell. Haha. =D)

      Delete
  7. Ok I have absolutely no clue who's dying, I just know I'll be stalking my news feed for an update until I find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day. : )

      11 photos down so far. I'm looking at around 20 more and then writing so it'll probably be up by Saturday or Sunday.

      Delete
  8. Eeep, I shall cry if Serenity takes a child :'(

    Only I don't think it'll be Zahara or the triplets cos the bargain was for a soul who wasn't under Topaz's care, which leaves me dreading that Cruz taking his and Prim's twins has left them open to being taken in fulfilment of the bargain... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I will take from you one soul you know, but have not watched over."

      The real question is if she was referring to sims she'd watched over until that point in time, or if it was an ongoing promise. : P

      Delete
  9. Eek, I'm worried about next chapter now!

    I'm personally glad to see Casey and Topaz back together. I think that even though he has been a jerk, he is now doing the right thing not because he needs to but because he wants to, and that makes all the difference.

    I'm also glad that Prim is thinking through her actions. Madeline seems like a good person and it feels like Prim is finally taking some responsibility for the way she acts. It's a great character progression for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad Casey finally has someone on his side.

      Originally I was going to make Madeline into a terrible person who only married Cruz for his money. I was going to have the twins put an inner beauty curse on her as payback for treating them badly and then have Prim fix things and have that make Cruz pursue her again. But then Madeline got old while Cruz is still just a YA so this works better.

      Delete
  10. Nalin has a beautiful color of eyes, btw. LOL @ Winter's conversation with Casey..."well screw you then!" haha. Good decision on Prim's part to not interfere with Cruz's marriage. I'm happy for Casey too, I'm glad he's getting another chance, I just hope he doesn't screw it up!

    ~Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nalin's eyes really are gorgeous, and I'm so glad some of his kids inherited it! <3 Kinda disappointed only Z got grandpa Gem's purple eyes.

      Delete
  11. Oh dear. Kids... *waits patiently to see who gets taken* :s

    ReplyDelete